Well it’s almost here, our first full corps rehearsal weekend. With winter guard finally wrapped up and drumline season almost over, GOLD 2017 is ready to hit the ground running. We’re going to GROW a lot this weekend!
Please see the schedule for the weekend and other important information below.
Orange Glen High School
2200 Glenridge Rd,
Escondido, CA 92027
REHEARSAL SATURDAY APRIL 29TH
Check in begins at 9:30 am
Rehearsal Times 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
On your own for Lunch and Dinner
SLEEP & SHOWERS:
Housing and showers will be available Saturday night at Orange Glen for anyone who doesn’t want to drive back and forth to rehearsal.
REHEARSAL SUNDAY APRIL 30TH
Check in begins at 9:30 am
Rehearsal Times 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
On your own for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
We are holding final auditions for the guard this weekend and next. We also still have a few spots left in the percussion section and in horn line. So make sure you get your friends who are interested in marching this summer to this weekend. Let’s all work together to GROW GOLD into the biggest and best GOLD yet!
PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS
We will be hosting a parent information session on Saturday morning at 10:30 am. Our Parent & Volunteer coordinators will be there to answer any questions you may have.
We also need parents and volunteers to help with a whole litany of tasks to get the corps ready for the 2017 season. If you can help out this weekend please contact Nellie Hernandez at: email@example.com
MANDATORY ITEMS TO BRING
- Large water jug
WHAT TO WEAR
- The weather is going to be HOT and COLD and everything in between. So plan for all weather conditions.
- Everyone needs to wear a plain white T-shirt with their name printed in BIG, BOLD letters on the front
- Everyone needs to have a hat.
- Shorts or pants that you can move in.
- Comfortable shoes that you can move in
- NO LOGOS other than GOLD’s corporate sponsors.
- All drummers (Snares, Tenors, Bass Drums, Cymbals, SFX) need to bring a practice pad and their own sticks.
- Pit members should also have a practice pad and at least one pair of their own mallets. Two is better.
- Tape and guard shoes.
- If you’re auditioning for saber you should try to bring one also.
- Mouthpiece and if you have your own instrument please bring it.
FEES & CONTRACTS
- If you have not turned in your contract please have it ready to turn in on Saturday morning. If you are not update on your fees, please plan on taking care of your payments at check in on Saturday morning. We can accept cash, checks and credit card payments.
RIDES TO REHEARSAL & DRIVE SAFELY!
Don’t wait till the last second to arrange your transportation to rehearsal. Talk with your sections and get the word out if you have room in your car for those needing rides.
#1 priority get to rehearsal safely. Give yourself plenty of time so you can be on time!
SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND
All the best